www.iraqbodycount.org


wPuri sermonis amator
Politics and Pop Culture.

And occasionally informative, amusing, or bizzare non sequiturs.

Matt's in charge here, others can post.


wNews and Propaganda:
Salon
Slate
/.
The Nation
The American Prospect
Cursor
Bartcop
The Washington Post
Tom Paine
Independant Media Center
Kuro5hin
AntiWar
Fark
MediaWhoresOnline
The Hamster
The Guardian (UK)
The Memory Hole
ABC's The Note
Common Dreams
BBC News
Al Jazeera


wBlogs:
Matthew Yglesias
Kevin Drum
Atrios
Daily Kos
Change For Missouri
Tom Tomorrow
Wil Wheaton
uggabugga
Politics, Law, Autism
Joshua Micah Marshall
Roger Ailes
moby
William Gibson
Digby
Counterspin Central
Dave Barry
Pandagon
The Rittenhouse Review
Brad DeLong
TBOGG
Ted Barlow
Neal Pollack
Eric Alterman
The Bloviator
MyDD
Official Dean Blog
Unofficial Dean Blog
Joe Conason
STL - Instead Of War
Gary Hart
Mark Kleiman
Jeanne d'Arc
Thomas Spencer
Decnavda's Dialectic
Billmon's Whiskey Bar
Adam Felber
Iraq Democracy Watch
Dear Raed
MaxSpeak, You Listen!
TomPaine.com
Dennis Kucinich
Donkey Rising
Daryl Cagle


wMovies:
Hollywood Stock Exchange
Box Office Prophets
Ain't It Cool News
Internet Movie Database
Rotten Tomatoes
Fetal Film Report
Superhero Hype
The Force


wFolks:
Weston
Andy Bell
Violet


wComics:
Get Your War On
Mega Tokyo
Mac Hall
Penny Arcade
Boy Meets Boy
Sluggy Freelance
Something Positive


wMeetups:
Democracy For America
/.


wStuff to buy:
NBY First Amendment Shoppe
Perceval Press
Unofficial Dean Stuff
The Dean Mart


wReference & Miscellany:
U.S. State Department 2002 Human Rights Report
Environmental Scorecard
Merriam-Webster Online
Wellstone!
Unofficial Paul Krugman Archive
Bill of Rights
The Javascript Source
Ari & I
Everything2
Pigfucker for President
Electoral College Calculator
Dean Picture Archive
Tax Policy Center
Coalition Military Deaths
Internet Modern History Sourcebook


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wTuesday, March 25, 2003


Protest Idea from Violet:
The General Plan:

I buy an assload of either red face paint or fake blood, whatever is more available. When we get together we're going to have to apply it to each other. I want it coming out of our ears, dripping from our noses, sliding down our chins, covering our foreheads. I'd like each person to have a different pattern.

Next, the possibility of hair. If I can find maroon hair color spray, we could apply it liberally to a couple people to respresent head wounds, but we would definately have to mess the hair up a bit first with hair spray to make it look matted with blood. I want some fake blood to drip down the sides of those people's faces, too, where the wounds apply.

White T-shirts are a must. I think we could write "I am an Iraqi Citizen" with magic marker on them. Posters could strain the neck a bit. I really think it would be better to write it on the shirt directly, that's the method I prefer. But we should also tear them up a bit. Apply fake blood around some of the tears. Spritz the shirts red around tears and other places with dilluded red india ink, but not to the point where it's over-done. We can also dillude it to where a little amount can go a long way, because india ink is very strong. To make it more realistic, I could try to add a tinge of brown, but I'm not very good with making that succeed.

What I need you to do:

I need a list of who is going, and what size T-shirt they wear. Otherwise, I'm buying packs of Large and everyone can deal with it, too big or too small. I need to know how much to get. Feel free to post it here or on your blog, or e-mail me. I check all 3. But I need the numbers by Friday at the latest.

When we meet, it would be best if we had a lot of time, at least an hour before you plan to leave, to get everyone ready. Everyone needs to pitch in with applying spray and makeup! I say we pair up into 2s or so and work on each other. I still have brushes from school that I can bring to use, and I'll try to find some junk bowls to put paint in, and I reccomend everyone try to bring some bowls of their own so we have enough to go around.

Also, I want to know what dinner plans are, are we hanging out afterword, or are we going to be scooted home?

What I will do:

I will be buying the supplies Friday, and we already discussed reinbursement so I'm okay with fronting it(it's kind of tuition money at this ponit, otherwise I wouldn't fuss, but I'll pay my fair share). Friday/Saturday I'll be slashing the T-Shirts, writing on them and spritzing them red, and since I'll have to let them dry on hangars to not stain anything they might run a bit. Sorry. Sunday, I'll need to know a time when to expect Buuie, and we'll go from there.

If there are any questions or comments, send 'em my way

Violet needs numbers if you're interested. Also, we might attend different marches. Remember, they have a bunch of different marches converging into one huge rally in Forest Park. Lou wanted to go with the Unions (but he's the only Union member going), I wanted to walk with the kids, but a bunch of bloody college students might be better off at the college march.

Also - I need to give the instead of war people a rough headcount of who's coming and what march they're going to - so please leave a note if you're coming AND how many people you're bringing.

Remember: http://www.insteadofwar.org

P.S. I was planning dinner afterwards, Violet, but plans are still tentative until I know who and how many are coming.

posted by Matthew Carroll-Schmidt at 2:45 PM



Comments: Post a Comment