www.iraqbodycount.org


wPuri sermonis amator
Politics and Pop Culture.

And occasionally informative, amusing, or bizzare non sequiturs.

Matt's in charge here, others can post.


wNews and Propaganda:
Salon
Slate
/.
The Nation
The American Prospect
Cursor
Bartcop
The Washington Post
Tom Paine
Independant Media Center
Kuro5hin
AntiWar
Fark
MediaWhoresOnline
The Hamster
The Guardian (UK)
The Memory Hole
ABC's The Note
Common Dreams
BBC News
Al Jazeera


wBlogs:
Matthew Yglesias
Kevin Drum
Atrios
Daily Kos
Change For Missouri
Tom Tomorrow
Wil Wheaton
uggabugga
Politics, Law, Autism
Joshua Micah Marshall
Roger Ailes
moby
William Gibson
Digby
Counterspin Central
Dave Barry
Pandagon
The Rittenhouse Review
Brad DeLong
TBOGG
Ted Barlow
Neal Pollack
Eric Alterman
The Bloviator
MyDD
Official Dean Blog
Unofficial Dean Blog
Joe Conason
STL - Instead Of War
Gary Hart
Mark Kleiman
Jeanne d'Arc
Thomas Spencer
Decnavda's Dialectic
Billmon's Whiskey Bar
Adam Felber
Iraq Democracy Watch
Dear Raed
MaxSpeak, You Listen!
TomPaine.com
Dennis Kucinich
Donkey Rising
Daryl Cagle


wMovies:
Hollywood Stock Exchange
Box Office Prophets
Ain't It Cool News
Internet Movie Database
Rotten Tomatoes
Fetal Film Report
Superhero Hype
The Force


wFolks:
Weston
Andy Bell
Violet


wComics:
Get Your War On
Mega Tokyo
Mac Hall
Penny Arcade
Boy Meets Boy
Sluggy Freelance
Something Positive


wMeetups:
Democracy For America
/.


wStuff to buy:
NBY First Amendment Shoppe
Perceval Press
Unofficial Dean Stuff
The Dean Mart


wReference & Miscellany:
U.S. State Department 2002 Human Rights Report
Environmental Scorecard
Merriam-Webster Online
Wellstone!
Unofficial Paul Krugman Archive
Bill of Rights
The Javascript Source
Ari & I
Everything2
Pigfucker for President
Electoral College Calculator
Dean Picture Archive
Tax Policy Center
Coalition Military Deaths
Internet Modern History Sourcebook


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wSunday, March 09, 2003


::Watches the debate::
Andy, you'll do better if you retaliate point for point in your attempt to defend the administration. It seems that some of your information is fuxxored, you may consider looking for more factual information. Also, the government doesn't loose your vote for betraying your trust if they lie to you, and I think it's obvious from the news posts that they do.

If the best you can do about that is say they have a right to keep that secret, I'll laugh at you and call myself a winner. Let's see, your issues seem to be: 1) Legality behind the invasion, 2) Trust the government.

For number 1, I think that as far as legality goes, there is no law if we respect nothing. Considering that the U.N means nothing to you, you're right, we could theoretically do anything. We don't have to listen to anyone, we may take law into our own hands. Fine, but it seems like a poor idea. Even without that, even if the U.N. clamored for war, it too is a poor idea. I've told you why before, you agreed, then you change your mind. All I'm saying is, if you want a good reason not to, look at what I've posted before, and remember what I've told you, and stop repeating yourself. Your reason for war is that we shouldn't listen when others say we shouldn't, from what your first post says.

Second, I don't imagine for a second that the administration has my good in mind. They spout lies daily, or half-truths. I'm fine with them holding some stuff back, but if they want to build a solid case for war, they'll have to give me some real information to look at. It helps if it's not super biased for the war. I think the U.N. is the best neutral agent there is for this. I trust them more then Bush.

On what Matt posted, I tend to agree as far as what he as to say on how we consider the opposition "freedom-hating nuts". Saying you hate freedom's pretty stupid. I don't think you can go on record saying that's the truth. Is Osama a creep? Yeah, and I want him out of the picture (Too bad the administrations not interested in that anymore.), but he did have some valid complaints.

I'm sorry, Andy, but I'm forced to say that I disagree with your points. You;ll have to work harder to convince me otherwise.

posted by Weston at 11:36 PM



Comments: Post a Comment